Monday 19 November 2012

Ooh...Tuesday Tipple: Snowball

Continuing my theme of easy recipes for when that unexpected guest arrives, my next festive treat is a classic Yuletide tipple that my boyfriend absolutely loves. For him it's not the festive season without his Snowball cocktail... and here's how you can make them a tradition in your home too!


All I can remember is that my parents always used to by a 4 pack of the little green bottles along with the other classic - Babycham!  And hey - even Nigella is a fan of a good old snowball.


There's something about the creamy, fluffy appearance that makes me want the snow to fall outside... I can almost hear the Christmas tunes playing in the back ground!

Snowball

Ingredients

2 shots Advocaat
Lemonade
1/4 shot of Lime-juice


Method

Pour Advocaat into cocktail shaker and add the lime juice.

Shake well, then slowly pour over ice in a glass of your choice....



I'm using a margarita glass (for show mostly!), but the tradition would be a high ball glass with plenty of ice.  I also find there's nothing quite like a well shaken (and frothy!) snowball in a cute little low ball glass at Christmas.


Beautiful!

Enjoy...

Sophie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment