Monday 12 November 2012

Ooh...Festive food: Cranberry and Brie Mini Tartlets

For the first of my festive food posts I decided to start off with probably one of the most simple canapés to make - they are fast and easy to rustle up and take minimum effort...  but most importantly they are fabulously festive and gorgeous to taste!


I first started making them after tasting a Brie and Cranberry parcel from Marks & Spencer's. I knew that I could make my own version.... and now every year I make them for guests at Christmas time and they are always a roaring success.  So let's get started!

Brie and Cranberry Mini Tartlets

Ingredients

Wedge of Brie
Jar of Cranberry Sauce
1/2 pkt of Ready Made Filo Pastry
Spray oil



Method

Firstly mist 2 x 12 hole bun tray with the oil.
Cut Filo into squares approx 10x10cm, be careful not to stick together at this stage.


Layer squares of Filo into each hole, twisting and spraying between layers.
Once each hole has 3-4 layers, add a teaspoon of cranberry sauce to each.
Then cube your Brie in to 24 equal portions, and place a piece on top of the cranberry sauce.


Mist the pastry edges with spray and then place in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for around 8-10 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment