Thursday 31 January 2013

Ooh...Chocolate cupcakes

The January blues have well and truly consumed my thoughts this week. Perhaps because for most of the week we had snow on the ground or because I have had a cold lurking that's raised it's ugly head So I needed a pick me up!






My stand by chocolate cupcakes always cheer me up (I'm sure I'm not alone!) they are based on an old weight watchers recipe with some added ooh!!

Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (makes 18 mini cupcakes)

Ingredients
Cake
60g Caster Sugar
60g Lurpak Lighter
50g Self Raising Flour
1.5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
1 Egg Beaten Slightly
25g Dark Choc Chips
Frosting
50g Choc Chips
25g Low Fat Soft Cheese

Method
Preheat oven to 160
Line a mini cupcake tin with 18 cupcake liners
Using electric mixer mix all the ingredients together except choc chips.

Once mixed fold in choc chips.
Spoon into cases and bake for 8-12 minutes or until baked.
Cool on wire racks

Melt chocolate and let cool
Meanwhile beat soft cheese in a bowl then mix in cooled chocolate.
Spread onto cupcakes forming a peak with back of spoon.
Dust with sprinkle of your choice

Enjoy xoxo




1 comment: