Tuesday 11 September 2012

Ooh... Tuesday Tipple: The Grand Duchess

This Tuesday I thought I would share my 'go to' cocktail. Having stirred this up on a number of occasions it's a great all rounder. The Grand Duchess is a simple yet satisfying drink which looks great in any glass and tastes delicious!

Art Deco Cocktails! (courtesy of Zazzle)


The Duchess is an old favourite, and you will find a thousand-and-one variants of the Grand Duchess out there..... but my take on this classic always tastes great and is a spectacular way to kick start a stylish soiree!

The Grand Duchess

Ingredients




10 Ice cubes cracked
1 1/2 measures Vodka
1 measure Triple Sec
3 measures Cranberry Juice
2 measures of Orange Juice plus extra to top up if desired.


Method


Chill a low ball glass in refrigerator.
Put half ice cubes in a mixing glass and pour in Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry and Orange Juices. Stir in glass.


Half fill the chilled low ball glass with rest of ice then strain cocktail over it. I then top up with orange to make a warm peach colour as I prefer my drinks extra fruity but this is optional!



Et Voila.... Enjoy!

Sophie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment