Saturday 18 August 2012

Ooh.....Lemon drops!

Like most of the world I have a few guilty pleasures so I confess I am OBSESSED with 'Keeping up with the Kardashians'. However, its not just the antics of the Kardashians/Jenner clan that keep me hanging on for the next instalment - I just cannot wait to see the home decor by Jeff Andrews and the interiors of the places they visit.


In a recent episode Kris had lunch in The Hotel Wilshire - OMG! Gorgeous! The roof top bar and pool area is simply stunning! The lemon and grey colour palette is so fresh against the LA sunshine. The beds look like you would get the best nights sleep, well after partying that is!

The neutral grey and white colours are the perfect base for starting to recreate the look at home. Then adding the pop of yellow as the accent brings the whole look together. They can then be easily interchanged with other colours at a relatively low expense.


The grey and white striped fabric can be found online at Designers Guild (Spalding), they also make a fabulous velvet called Varese which comes in a gorgeous primrose yellow colour. I also found the rather lovely Greek pattern cushion at Our Green Room.

               

My travels have not taken me to L.A. yet but when I do I am putting this hotel at the top of my list!

Useful Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment